The Aruba 2930F Switch Series is designed for customers creating smart digital workplaces that are optimized for mobile users with an integrated wired and wireless approach. These convenient Layer 3 network switches include built-in uplinks and power so are simple to deploy and manage with advanced security and network management tools like Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager, Aruba AirWave and cloud-based Aruba Central. A powerful Aruba ProVision ASIC delivers performance, robust feature support and value with programmability for the latest applications. Stacking with Virtual Switching Framework (VSF) provides simplicity and scalability. The 2930F supports built-in 1GbE or 10GbE uplinks, PoE+, Access, OSPF routing, Dynamic Segmentation, robust QoS, RIP routing, and IPv6 with no software licensing required. The Aruba 2930F Switch Series provides a convenient and cost-effective access switch solution that can be quickly set up with Zero Touch Provisioning. The robust Layer 3 feature set includes a limited lifetime warranty.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Unified Wired and Wireless
- Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager supports unified wired and wireless policies using Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager?
- Switch auto-configuration automatically configures switch for different settings such as VLAN, CoS, PoE max. power, and PoE priority when an Aruba access point is detected?
- User Role defines a set of switch-based policies in areas such as security, authentication, and QoS. A user role can be assigned to a group of users or devices, using switch-based local user role or download from ClearPass?
- Tunnel Node provides a secure tunnel that transports network traffic on a per-port or per-user role basis to an Aruba Controller. In a per-user role Tunnel Node, users are authenticated by the ClearPass Policy Manager which directs traffic to be tunnelled to an Aruba controller or switch locally?
- HTTP redirect function supports HPE Intelligent Management Center (IMC) bring your own device (BYOD) solution?
- Static IP visibility allows ClearPass to do accounting for clients with static IP address
- Supports multiple programmatic interfaces, including REST APIs and Openflow 1.0 and 1.3, to enable automation of network operations, monitoring, and troubleshooting
Quality of Service (QoS)
- Traffic prioritization (IEEE 802.1p) Allows real-time traffic classification into eight priority levels mapped to eight queues?
- Does layer 4 prioritization enable prioritization based on TCP/ UDP port numbers?
- Class of Service (CoS) sets the IEEE 802.1p priority tag based on IP address, IP Type of Service (ToS), Layer 3 protocol, TCP/UDP port number, source port, and DiffServ
- Rate limiting sets per-port ingress enforced maximums and per-port, per-queue minimums?
- Do large buffers provide graceful congestion management?
- Unknown Unicast Rate Limiting throttles unicast packets with unknown destination addresses and limits flooding on the VLAN
Other HPE & Aruba 48 Port Switches
- HPE 1820-48G Switch
- HPE 1820-48G-PoE+ Switch
- HPE 1950 48G 2SFP+ 2XGT PoE+ Switch
- Aruba 2530-48 Switch
- Aruba 2530 48G Switch
- Aruba 2530-48-PoE+ Switch J9778A
- Aruba 2530 48G POE+ Switch
- Aruba 2540 48G PoE+ 4SFP+ Managed Network Switch 1U Grey
- Aruba 2930F 48G PoE+ 4SFP Managed network switch
- Aruba 2930F 48G with 4SFP+ Switch
- Aruba 2930F 48G PoE+ 4SFP+ Managed switch
|Product Name||Aruba 2930F 48GPOE+4SFP 740W Switch|
|Product Type||Layer 3 Switch|
|Total Number of Network Ports||48|
|Port / Expansion Slot Details||48 x Gigabit Ethernet Network 4 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot|
|Number of Total Expansion Slots||4|
|Expansion Slot Type||SFP|
|Shared SFP Slot||No|
|Number of SFP Slots||4|
|Media & Performance|
|Media Type Supported||Twisted Pair Optical Fiber|
|Ethernet Technology||Gigabit Ethernet 10 Gigabit Ethernet|
|Network Technology||10GBase-X 10/100/1000Base-T|
|Network & Communication|
|Power Source||Power Supply|
|Redundant Power Supply Supported||No|
|Management & Protocols|
|Compatible Rack Unit||1U|